Scott Mosby is known for his candor and plainspoken explanations in building methods and technology. Scott's industry activism and his sense of purpose deliver a message promoting mobility and comfort in our homes, energy conservation for our national security, and sustainable building methods. Scott is President of Mosby Building Arts, Ltd., a residential architecture, remodeling and consulting firm founded by his father, Sam Mosby, in 1947.
Scott's career began in 1969 with positions as carpenter, job-site foreman, superintendent, Master Builder, building designer, and radio show host. Scott describes himself as a life-long student and has numerous industry certifications as well as an undergraduate degree in Business.
After his college years, Scott was convinced that a better, more inclusive method of planning, designing, and remodeling homes was essential for consumers to benefit from the value within their homes. Scott's company, Mosby Building Arts reflects his vision and purpose, and his company consistently ranks as an industry leader. Scott's daily responsibilities include leading a full-service team of Licensed Architects, Certified Designers, and Master Carpenters that annually completes over 300 projects and 500 consulting visits.
Mosby Building Arts is recognized as a National Top 20 Remodeling Firm, and has received a Better Business Bureau Torch Award, as well as a Small Business Administration Family-Owned Business award. The firm is often recognized with local and national awards for design, work quality and construction methods.
Scott and his wife, Judy, live with their two sons in Glendale. They enjoy water & snow sports, tennis, golf, white-water kayaking, reading and family time together.
- Certified Graduate Remodeler (CGR), National Certification for Remodeling Knowledge
- Certified Accessible Design Specialist (CAPS), National Certification for Accessible Homes
- Certified Graduate Builder in Remodeling (CGB), National Certification from NAHB
- Certified Green Building Professional, National Certification from Green Builders Council
- Energy Star Certified, USA Dept. of Natural Resources, Shell Specialist & Systems Specialist
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance & Real Estate Appraisal from University of Missouri, Columbia
- Co-founder of the Green Builders Council in St. Louis, 1996
- Served on Board of Directors for the following:
- Home Builders Association of Greater St. Louis (HBA)
- Rebuilding Together, formerly Christmas in April
- Remodelers Council, HBA
- Environmental Affairs Committee
- Membership Organizations
- MABOI, Missouri Association of Building Officials & Inspectors
- NAHB, National Association of Home Builders
- NARI, National Association for the Remodeling Industry
- RCGA, Regional Commerce & Growth Assoc. of St. Louis
- BBB of St. Louis, Better Business Bureau